Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things to Catch Up On

Mason rolled over for the first time on July 22nd!!! He has been trying for weeks, rolling to his left side but not quite being able to get all the way over. He would get so frustrated and angry that he couldn't do what he wanted and then start crying. But on this particular day, I was making his bed while he played on the floor. I looked down just at the moment he rolled from his back to his belly!!!! I was so proud of him....and he was super proud of himself....he was just smiling from ear to ear!! He's an old pro at it now. If only I could get him to learn how to roll back from his belly to his back, it sure would make night time better. He will often roll onto his belly in his crib and then not knowing how to get back, start crying. He even does it if he's fully swaddled!!! It is too cute but honestly, Mommy needs to get some sleep :)


Next up, Mason visited his Grammy and Grandpa Johnson in West Virginia this past weekend. He had such a good time with them!!! Grammy Pattie spent almost the entire weekend just playing with him and talking to him....I know he loved the attention! They even bought him his very first swing that hangs in their front yard! It is the cutest....they put a sign on it that says "Mason's Swing". I think Mason enjoyed it, I only wish he had more time on it. Stupid rain made it impossible to spend a lot of time with him on the swing. It always makes me happy to see him spend some time with them. Being that they are so far away from us they don't get to see the little man on a regular basis and I want Mason to know them as well as he knows his local grandparents. I can see how much joy he brings them and it makes me so happy.


Well, we're off to Gymboree in a few but I just wanted to catch up on Mason's latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment