Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4 Months

Mason is 4 months old. I can't believe my little boy is already 4 months old. It seems like just yesterday we were waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more for my Lil Man to come out. He is doing so many great things and it's simply amazing to watch him grow.

We've been going to Gymboree class every Thursday for a couple of weeks now and I think he really likes it. He enjoys the songs and little games we play and he really likes to roll his head around and watch all the other babies. It's so cute to watch them all watching each other! He always falls asleep at the end though, no matter what, he's snoozing by then. I guess it's because it falls right at the same time as I usually put him down for a nap but I feel bad that he never gets to say his goodbyes to Jimbo....he's the Gymboree clown mascot. We have one here at home for him and he loves him.

Let's see what else.....OH, we started Mason on some baby food!!!! He's definitely not a fan of carrots, and I can say that he comes by that honestly because his Mommy doesn't like them either!!! Mushy carrots....YUCK!!! We've tried squash and sweet potatoes and he's done better with them and with cereal mixed with formula or breast milk...but he's still trying to get the hang of it! I know it may be a little early, but I've always jumped the gun on things. He can sit up supported and he's been eating so much that I thought we'd give it a try from time to time. He opens his mouth for the spoon but he doesn't quite seem to know what to do with it once it's in his mouth! He just kind of sits there with it in there....so we help him out by pushing the food off for him using his top lip. Sometimes he swallows it but many times most of the spoonful ends up coming back out his mouth as he spits it out. Watching him is so funny....it's just a treat to see him exploring something new!
DADDY FEEDING MASON

This past weekend we enjoyed a visit to Mason's mom-mom and Aunt Tiffany's for her birthday. We had a nice cookout and everyone was very excited to hold Mason. There is no lack of love for my little boy in our family!!!! Even the children can't wait to hold and feed him!!! I don't even have a problem finding someone to change a diaper!!!
LEXI AND LEXY FEEDING MASON
Yesterday we went to visit my niece Naomi at her house. She has 4 children of her own and they were all so excited to meet Mason for the first time. Mason really enjoyed meeting more of his family.....you can't ever have too many hugs and kisses now can you?! Besides seeing everyone, the best part of the day was when Mason did something he's never done before.....purposefully reached for me!!!! Naomi was holding him and he started to get a little fussy....it was nearing his nap time....and she asked him if he wanted his mommy and he turned to me and reached out his little arms for me to take him!!!!!! I could have just melted into a puddle on the floor to see him do that!
MASON AND NAOMI
Well, that is about all for the moment. Lil Man has been napping for a couple hours now so he will soon be stirring, ready to eat and play some more.






No comments:

Post a Comment