Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July 2009






Mason experienced his first 4th of July this Saturday. I think he enjoyed it...although he did sleep through most of the fireworks :)
Mason, Chris and I went to the Aquarium for their family fun night at the Harbor. We're members so there was chairs and tables and food and drinks for all to have while we waited for the big show...the fireworks! We shared a table with a family from Virginia and another from Montgomery County. Mason was awake for most of the time, until about 9:15 when he started to doze off. The fireworks started around 9:30 and he slept through most of them....which suprised me since they were pretty loud...as were the people around us!
The fireworks were beautiful and Mason woke up just long enough to really see the finale. His eyes were wide but he didn't seem scared. Although his little arm did tighten around mine as he watched. That is the best feeling in the world, to have my beautiful son hold on to me.
I think Mason enjoyed his very first 4th of July celebration.....but I look forward to next year's when he'll be walking and talking.......

No comments:

Post a Comment